Monday, April 5, 2010

Tomatoes, Tomatoes

Red, round and healthy, I want them fresh.

Succulent and juicy, I prefer them crunchy.

I do not how, but tomato had become one of my favorite.

I need not elaborate on the taste, many may not agree with me. But thinking of the nutrients that I’m getting, I wouldn’t trade my plate of tomato salad with a bag of potato chips. Vitamins A, B and C, Potassium and Calcium are just but a few, this fiber-rich fruit is loaded with.

I love tomato’s versatility. I could eat them fresh as in salads, or simply pair them with dried fish. I could make a salsa, for a healthier dip. And with pasta, I would love that one using the fresh variety than those coming from the can.

Hmmm, now I am thinking. It’s summer and the prices of tomato are relatively low. I guess it’s time to visit the market later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment