Monday, April 5, 2010

Dreaming For a Job

I was recently asked what my dream job was. I guess I gave the vaguest answer in all my life at that time, I could not even remember what my reply was. The question kept me awake for several nights, that even if I tried hard not to think about it, the question kept bugging me.

So one night, after a struggle with my pillow, I got up from bed and sit by the window and look up in the sky. I pondered on the question.

What is my dream job?

Actually, I do not have one. I may have dreamt of being a police woman, a nun, an astronomer, and even a martial artist when I was a kid. But as time goes by, I could never picture my self as any of those that I have listed. Whenever I closed my eyes, I do not have visions of myself with a specific job.

One reason only came up. I do not believe in a dream job.

I came to realize that a job is not something to be dreamt of. It is a means to a much higher purpose one has in life. That higher purpose is that one thing one has to dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment