Friday, April 9, 2010

Agreeing to Disagree

He’s my arch-enemy.


All that I can remember was our constant bickering. I can not recall a day that we did not disagree. We quarreled about chores, time spent with Mamang, toys, food, TV shows and even those things as plates, papers, pens. Almost everything! We had this non-verbalized agreement to disagree with each other.

We constantly clashed that I could not remember an instance where we had the same views or had taken the same side. There was no love, respect or just even care between us. Neither competition existed between us.

Because of school and work, we had been separated from each other. Distance, however, was not successful in bringing us a better bond. Whenever we saw each other during vacations, we differed still on lots of things. Maturity tried to settle in. Some improvement was felt; in the manner of how we clashed, how we addressed each other and how we tried to settle differences. We even started giving gifts (Normal for others, not between us though).

While it seemed like we were on a good start, an unfortunate event happened. He left. Our separation had become permanent. I did not feel anything initially; I just took his leaving as any natural circumstance. But as years go by, I would often wonder what would have become between us if he’s around. I slowly realized those things that I’m missing because he left.

Oh, how I miss him. I miss my brother. And I do regret for not making enough effort to bond more with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment